Anti Lock

Hi,

I have got an annoying problem with the brakes of my Jaguar XJ6 -94.

The power brake goes away after some time and the pump will not start again until I restart the car.

The relay for the pump is working and so with the mail relay. The pump is working and gives pressure

so that the lamp "Anti Lock" goes of after about 10-15 seconds. The Brakes works with power assistance

for a while and the "Anti Lock" lamp goes on and after a while the break is very hard and it becomes

hard to stop the car. If I stop the engine for 5 minutes and restart, then the power brakes are back and

"Anti Lock" lamp goes off. I have checked the pressure switch and it works I think, as it should.

When the harness is on and the breaks are working the lamp "Anti Lock" is off and when I pull the harness

the "Anti Lock" lamp goes on. It goes off again when I reconnect. However there are two pressure switches

in the same component and I can't find out if both are working. The other switch goes back to the ABS box

in left hand side of trunk. I guess that the pressure switch is the "cheapest" of this two parts to try to change.

Anyone with experience from Jaguar XJ6 -94 with Teves Break system?

Could I use an "older" ABS Unit from a 87-93 Jaguar XJ on my XJ6 -94?

I have found a unit on e-bay for small money.

Reply to
Pepe

Problem solved!

"Pepe" skrev i meddelandet news:wD1Rj.6647$R snipped-for-privacy@newsb.telia.net...

Reply to
Pepe

Well, since no one seemed to know the answer, and now you do, how about telling us what fixed the problem?

Reply to
WayneC

The pressure sensor on the pump was malfunctioning! It didn't start the pump at low pressure,only lith the lamp. There are two differnt switches inside, one of them only working temporarly. Changed the sensor and now Power Brakes are OK again.

Pepe "WayneC" skrev i meddelandet news:dKGdnbyEj54kIKjVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@l>> Problem solved!

Reply to
Pepe