Brake Lights 86 XJ6 Not working

Someone had a similar problem once but ...

None of the brake lights work. Fuses good. Bulbs good.

Any thougts? I hearch about a brake switch adjustment ... is that the switch on the pedal?

Also heard that the hazard warning lights switch could be the culprit.

Any thoughts?

Thanks. wendy

Reply to
wendy

It could be many things, from a fuse, bad earth to the switch on the pedal. If the cruise control doesnt work, suspect the pedal switch

Reply to
old man

Thanks! Is that the part with the the plunger and two wires coming out of it?

wendy

Reply to
wendy

Its a loooong time since I looked, but its the only switch on/at the brake pedal

Reply to
old man