Browns Lane

I hate to break this to you Ron..... but you are right, it is a Bush problem!

Because of Bush SUV's (Large thirsty 4x4) are the hot item. People are going out in herds to purchase these monsters that get less than 15 mpg and cost as much or even more than a Jaguar. The Jag gets upwards to 27 mpg and that simply wont do...........its un-american and its not wasteful enough. C'mon what is more American than making our country dependant on foreign oil (Most oil companies are owned by european companies I might add.)?

Furthermore, if you think America's problems are Bush's fault, then you have been at the front of the Scrum for too long. Perhaps you should sit the next round out. ;-)

America's problems stem from the public de-educational system, individual selfishness, and public complacency. We have had terrorist issues going back to the early 70's; 911 was just an official proclamation of this war.

I just love these Kerry voters....their hungry SUV's prove thay approve of Bush and the oil system, yet their lips flap differently. Strange. I hope Kerry wins so all of these idiots diving these beasts will go broke when he taxes the living shit out of gasoline, and raises our taxes for more police, more police, more police. Dont forget more police. And once we get more police then we'll need more jails, and more jails, and more jails. Then when we have all of that...we will need to fill those jails wont we? HEIL Mein Heinz-57!

I say shoot Bush then Kerry. No wait... Kerry then Bush, and anyone that truly thinks a President *really* runs a country.

Anarchy baby!! I have prepared 3/4", T6 plate steel armour ready to be mounted on my Scout....hail the days of the Road Warrior!!! Let's make some space on this Earth.

Blake

Reply to
Blake Dodson

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Blake Dodson) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Unfortunately, that is the growing trend down under too. I hate the bloody things, can't see around them in car parks, block you forward view when they are in front, most NEVER go off road but are used by women doing the shopping and taking kids to school!!!

Good luck :-) You'd be better off cleaning the 'Muslim' arabs off the earth first.

Do they still make those International Scouts?

Have not seen one for years :-)

Ron

Reply to
Ron

No production ceased in 1984. I love this "Beast", as I call it, it simply does things very well on and off the road.

Here are some of my additions to an already awesome farm machine.

International V8, 392 c.i. Holley throttle body fuel injection, 675 cfm. More aggressive camshaft-270 duration, .470" valve lift. Custom dual valve springs. Competition Cams* valve lifters. Custom Ross Pistons with pin bosses lowered .125". (Raised piston crown flush with block deck.) Axle air-lockers. Higher arched, heavier springs.

6" body lift. 3.30 to 1 final ratio spinning 33" tires = Corrected final ratio of 3.00 to 1.

Calculated 5000 rpm = 150 mph +-3%. I pulled to 135 before the fear of a tire failure stopped me. I am confident this 4x4 can achieve 150mph, yet at 70mph I can obtain 20mpg. My friend stated one day while on the highway - "This Beast approaches cars as if to eat them". Off road abilty is simply stunning.

Once I am done playing with my toy I put it away and drive my Diesel Peugeot 505. Its more conservative and responsible. ;-)

Blake

Reply to
Blake Dodson

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Blake Dodson) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Wow, some beast :-) I had a couple of Peugoet 504's many years back, lovely cars, but no as good as the D-Super Citroen I also had :-)

Ron

Reply to
Ron