Central locking S-type

My central locking is playing up - it locks after the set time after starting and driving off buy then pops open again. I try to lock it internally but it refuses to stay locked. Also when locking the car locks and pops open immediately. double clicking gets the deadlocks down.

Everything seems closed and there is no warning to say anything is not closed.

Any ideas ?

2000 S-type 4.0 V8
Reply to
DM

ETypeHireBod

I had a problem on my XK8 Convertable that was diagnosed as being the computer that controlled the central locking. The resolution was to reset the computer (pull the fuse then re-insert) you may need to reset the electric window mechanism if they are on the same circuit.

Beezer.

Reply to
Beezer

Thanks ALL

It seems to be happy now after a stint of unlocking itself all the time - having to double click to get the deadlocks down.

Will remember the reset thing.

DM

Reply to
DM