Circuit failure 2

Hello all,

I own an '88 XJ40 3.6L. In my recent post I explained and asked for assistance with a hydraulic problem I am experiencing, to which I received a speedy and extremely helpful response. Since diagnosing and working on that problem a new problem has arisen. When I start the engine I receive a 'Circuit 2 Failure' on the VCM readout. The only electrical change I did was unplugging and remove the old high pressure switch (part no.CCC-3834) and installing and plugging in the new one. This did not correct my pulsating problem in the hydraulics, so I removed the new high pressure switch and reinstalled and connected the original one. It was shortly after this reinstallation of the original switch that the 'Circuit 2 Failure' appeared. So fearing that I might have damaged the original one somewhere along the process I again installed the new one - I still have the 'Circuit

2 Failure'. Any suggestions as to where to start testing for the failure?

Thanks in advance (again)!

Reply to
Hawk GT