Clutch problem e-type

Hello I have i ser.1 E-type which get air in the hydraulic system. I cant find any leeks, after i bleeding it i get a normal pedal and its working ok. But suddenly i loose the pedal and and the clutch. When i bleed it again its ok a little time. Where can the problem be? i think its strange that i dont have any leeks but still get air in the system.

Reply to
SMH

It doesnt have to leak out, allthough if it needs topping up it is. Just means its sucking air in, which may indicate a faulty clutch servo, sometimes cured with a repair kit

Reply to
old man

The clutch do not have servo, do you mean master or slave cylinder?

"old man" skrev i melding news:tcK0i.4092$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe1-win.ntli.net...

Reply to
SMH

Yes sorry my typo Clutch Slave cylinder

Master cylinder is for brakes

Reply to
old man

Have you made recent changes to the brake system? In other words, what caused you to begin bleeding the system?

Can't help directly, but check this Jag website:

poster says a common cause of sucking air is that the end sealwas put in backwards during a master cylinder rebuild.Another thing recommended there is that you only pump the brake pedalhalfway down when bleeding, or use a vacuum pump or pressure bleeder. A common problem with Corvette disk brakes is that a warped rotor can cause a brake cylinder piston to pump air into the system, so it IS possible to inject air without having fluid leaks.

Reply to
WayneC

Reply to
WayneC

old man wrote in article ...

The term "Master Cylinder" is equally correct when used in conjunction with hydraulic brakes and hydraulic clutches.

Each system uses a "Master" and "Slave' cylinders. In the brakes we call the slaves "wheel cylinders" and "calipers".

Reply to
*

That depends on your version of English

Reply to