dash lights

Hi.

I have a fault I have with my dash lights in that they stay on once the ignition is off and the key removed.

Now, today I recieved a replacement lighting logic board and swapped it out, it seemed to work OK but the problem remains.

So what should I look at now, I recently had some accident damage repaired (headlamp and offside wing) - what could have been disturbed to cause this? Or is it a relay? If so which one?

I really want to avaoid wiring in a switch if I can...

Grateful for any advice.

91 XJ6 Sovereign

Thanks (please reply to thread as email is not valid)

Reply to
badmission

Wow much as happened since I have been absent here...

Sir/Maam/Herr/Dame????,

I have run into the same thing (Light always on) and when I inspected my module it seemed to operate electronically correct. So what could it be? I have a gut feeling there is a Zener diode that may have failed.The diode is intended to prevent electricity from flowing backwards, like a check valve.

If I remember correctly there are some diodes on the back of the instrument cluster, but, I seem to forget much since my master has doubled my work duties. =)

I hope to have a look into this within the next few days and reply with my find. This will be a lot of fun since I have just recovered from a neck injury.

Blah blah blah....;-)

See you soon, DieInterim

Reply to
DieInterim