"DSC Not Available" on S-Type R

I just bought a new 2003 S-Type R. After 2 days, the ABS went crazy while I was making a left turn. It settled down after a few seconds then the error message "DSC Not Available" and the "skidding car" icon came on. After shutting the car off, the light remained off after restarting it but came on the following day, this time without the ABS vibration. It's in the shop getting a new ABS module. A little disappointing. Anyone know if this is an issue with this car? Thanks,

Reply to
mdp

Apparently, it is with *that* one ...

Although this isn't a hugely-subscribed group and I am not in daily contact with any significant number of S-Type Rs (or Jaguars of any kind except my X-Type, for that matter), I haven't heard of any such problems. It sounds like one of those anomalous electronic failures that *should* never be seen again once the control module is replaced. It happens, unfortunately.

-- C.R. Krieger (Been there; drove that)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

Thanks for the reply. I got it back from the dealer today. Hope it was a one time anomaly. I will say, though, this car drives like a dream.

Reply to
mdp