electrical to window problem 91 XJ40 VDP

there seems to be something wacko with my electrical going to one of my windows. one of my passenger windows was having problems rolling back up, finally is just stopped going up. i took the motor out to see if it was a problem with the motor but the motor would run both directions with either wire connected. however if i hooked up both wires then the motor would only run one direction. i think thats the way it worked, its been a while since i fooled around with it.

has anyone had this problem? how do you go about hunting down the source of this problem?

thanks!

its an electrical problem. not mechanical.

Hi R,

The switches used develop faults sometimes. It is one of the more common reasons for the window to fail as you have described.

Cheers

R wrote:

Reply to
Chris Halpin

gotcha, i did test it out and it wasnt the switch. the switch worked in both directions, its one of the wires to the switch is bad. but im not sure how to pinpoint where in the wiring has gone bad.

R wrote:

there seems to be something wacko with my electrical going to one of my windows. one of my passenger windows was having problems rolling back up, finally is just stopped going up. i took the motor out to see if it was a problem with the motor but the motor would run both directions with either wire connected. however if i hooked up both wires then the motor would only run one direction. i think thats the way it worked, its been a while since i fooled around with it.

has anyone had this problem? how do you go about hunting down the source of this problem?

thanks!

--------------090201050708040702030103--

Reply to
Chris Halpin