Extended Warranties

I recently took delivery of a "non-Select" 2003 XJ8. It's logged 30,000 miles as a rental car. Although I was assured by my friend, a dealer's service manager, that the car should be sound and trouble-free for years, having owned an XJ6 I'm concerned about maintaining the car's integrity inside and out over a long term.

Is there cause for my concern?

Are there any areas I should concentrate on protecting, i.e., interior appointments, transmission, etc?

Any thoughts in general on extended warranties?

Ed Jay (remove M to respond)

Reply to
Ed Jay