FA: 98 Jaguar XJR (London, UK)

The reserve is £9,500. Mileage 134,000 - new engine and recon gearbox fitted at 105k, all service history etc., good condition. 4 new tyres, recent lower wishbone bushes fixed, all usual extras, have a look.

Cheers - Jules

Reply to
jules

Doesn't sound very Jaguar. New engine and recon gearbox required in as little as 105K?

Reply to
alan4spamoffd

Nikasil ? Tensioners ? Most likely tensioners at 105K miles.

370 BHP and a sealed for life gearbox mean that 100K can be all you get. Look at the Jag forums and for comparis>
Reply to
Richard Wall

The engine was replaced under warranty in 2003 (just under 30k miles ago) due to Nikasil issues - the gearbox was changing roughly hence rebuild at the same time as preventative maintenance (both done by the previous owner). As it is, the car pulls like a train at the moment - awesome fun to drive. Unfortunately a career change and subsequent drop in income means I can't really afford to be a Jag driver any more, so she has to go! If you are going to buy a high mileage XJR I don't think there can be many around that are in as good nick as this one, and that will go for as long without any serious work required.

Jules

Reply to
jules

I'm hoping to upgrade to just such a model from my '95 3.2, sadly my budget doesn't currently allow. beautiful example though.

-- Mark.

................................................................ Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at

MVP

I have had to lower the reserve and relist:

Which leaves me now several thousands into the realm of losing money since buying this car. Ho hum!

Jules

Reply to
jules

Jules, In following the Jag market, primarily in the US and with older Jags, your reserve now seems a bit more in line. Jags usually sell for a lot less in the UK than in the States and the high RETAIL for your car here is about £9200 -- without all the engine problems and replacements you have had. A friend of mine recently purchased a 2001 XJR Black/Black with 59,000 original miles and never had the Nikasil engine for £12,000. Of course with today's economy and cost of petrol -- you may be hard pressed to sell it!!

Webserve

Reply to
webserve

If I had the money I'd be right there right now. best of luck with the auction.

-- Mark.

................................................................ Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at

MVP

Out of curiosity, why start the auction so low, with a reserve, then state the reserve in the listing?

You may as well just start the auction at £8,500 with no reserve.

The listing fees are substantially less in this case and everyone knows where they stand.

Just wondered that's all....

Alan M.

Reply to
Alan Mudd

Mostly to provoke interest (ie you don't see the reserve until you read the listing) - some people might for example have a budget of 8k, and discount the auction without reading it when they see 8.5k as the starting bid, wheras having read about the car they might be tempted to "find the extra £500". It may be a silly ploy I know, but I don't think it's any sillier than people putting bids on for less than the reserve when they can see what the reserve is anyway? Never really understood people doing that, but there you go. I just need to sell the car asap, and don't want to make too much of a loss on it if I can help it.

Cheers - Jules

Reply to
jules

Seems to me that if you really want to generate some interest you need to get your hands on another camera and post a heap of pictures of YOUR car on the net. It's not as if you are trying to sell a £50, 7 year old computer

Andy

Reply to
Andy

lol funnily enough, that's exactly what I did this weekend :-)

have a look...

Reply to
jules

I was going to offer to come and do some for you. Beautiful, oh how I want it. shame about the timing. I do hope you get a good price for it, certainly looks worth it.

-- Mark.

................................................................ Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at

MVP

Jules

Looks nice, hope you get more than the current bid of 5950. Jagworld seems to have been pulling your middle stump with an auto bid to 3000 and that comcutter has chickened out on his autobid at 6000.

Best of luck.

Andy

Reply to
Andy
8 1/2 grand - Happy with that??

Bruce Wallaby

Yes and no - still made a loss on the car in that I still owe just over 9k on the loan I took out to buy it... but happy in that I'm now more or less debt free, which means one step closer to giving up work and being a pro guitarist... result!!!!

The XJR was a beautiful car and an incredible drive - I'm chuffed to have had the opportunity... I'd recommend the experience to anyone with money to burn...

Reply to
jules