Front end squeaking.

My '01 XKR has been making a squeaking sound when going over bumps. The Dealer replaced the Upper Arm Bushings which was covered under my extended warranty. They say that it still makes "a klunk" and want to replace the Scock and Shock Monts which will cost me $710. They still don't guarantee that will fix it so at this point I'm not sure I want them to continue replacing things at my expense till they find the problem. Any idea what it could be and why they can't use a stethesope to find out exactly what's causing the squeaking?

Thank you,

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen

Sorry about my horrible spelling. I meant "shocks and shock mounts."

Reply to
Stephen

Just wanted to update my last post as I just got my car back. They replaced the "Lower Wisbone Front Bushings" and there is no difference at all. Total waste. The next thing they were going to try is to replace was the "Left Front Damper and Mount."

Reply to
Stephen

I cannot tell where you are located but a long time ago a friend of mine won a court case which sets a legal precedent in the UK.

The clutch on his MGB was slipping. For some reason the garage decided it was the master cylinder and not the clutch plate, so that's what they replaced. No cure. Next they replaced the clutch housing, but carefully avoided replacing the orginal plate whilst everything was in bits. Still no cure.

My friend insisted that they replace the clutch plate itself, and that fixed the problem. When they tried to charge him for the three repairs, he refused, and they impounded his car. So he took them to court.

The judgement was simple. It is the garage's responsibility to be competent to repair problems without a process of trial and error. He got his car back for the cost of the plate replacement. The garage paid everything else, including the legal fees.

Reply to
Steve Swift