goodbye xj40

I am bidding a fairwell to my 1990 4.0 sovereign xj40 at the end of the week after 2 years motoring i have replaced the following

Differential (second hand lump) brake pads all round several bulbs high pressure steering hose several bulbs

2 fuses horn fuel filter track rod end bottom ball joint spark plugs oil & air filter

not bad for the age and 174,000 miles on the clock, I am not replacing it with another Jaguar variant and i would like to say thanks to all who have offered advice and solved dilemas while i have used this group

cheers Jon_H

Reply to
Jon_H

I would say that for an automobile that age and with that many miles on it, you did pretty good.

The only thing on the list that is even close to being out of the ordinary would be the differential, and that could be a problem if the factory specs for changing differential lube are not followed to the letter. My books say every

30,000 miles.

Richard H. Kuschel "I canna change the law of physics."-----Scotty

Reply to
Richard Kuschel