Headlights

My XK40 is a great car, until the lights go out on the motorway. Those square headlights fail to do the business. When you're all by yourself it's like driving into the void of Genesis. No fun at 110! Is there any way of adding some more lumens without causing the computer to go into spasm?

Max

Reply to
Max Harris

David Fawcett

I dropped a set of Sylvania Silverstar bulbs in the Cibie's on my XKE and they were considerably better than the regular halogens with no increase in current draw.

I have an XJ40 and find the headlamps to be the finest of all the cars that I own. '67xke, Subaru Outback Legacy, Dodge Dakota, XJ40.

I don't drive 110 mph at night. They are fine at 75 though. Or were you talking kilometers? Richard H. Kuschel "I canna change the law of physics."-----Scotty

Reply to
Richard Kuschel

I don't drive 110mph at night either. That's the point. Once the lighting cues are removed its probably not safe on dipped headlights at 65, let alone

Reply to
Max Harris