Here is the secret formula for me.

Nice

Reply to
jk

It sure floats my boat, Blake. Of course, here we're talking about REAL Jags. That old XK engine, in any of its forms, is a thing of beauty, isn't it?

Graham L

Reply to
Graham L

"Blake Dodson" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Seen better down here. Similar set up, only fuel injection in the manifold and six air intake/throttle bodies. Also had tuned extractors and it was all fitted to an E-Type that went like a scalded cat :-)

Ron

Reply to
Ron

"Graham L" wrote in news:nveId.128038$ snipped-for-privacy@news-server.bigpond.net.au:

Graham,

I do have something similar in my garage :-)

Ron

Reply to
Ron

Right you are Graham! Nothing is more pleasing than having a pretty car

*and* being able to open the bonnet to hear people gasp "What a beautiful engine".

Well, I guess there is something more pleasing...its knowing its goes home to your garage!

Cheers, Blake

Reply to
Blake Dodson

Ron I can invision fuel injection; it too must be a sight to behold! Cheers!

Reply to
Blake Dodson

"Blake Dodson" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Blake, the power of that motor is awesome :-) Six 2" inlets, good outlets, wish I had it!

Ron

Reply to
Ron

This post has been really interesting to read - (Lovers of the S/X type take some note - How many people will open your bonnet and say what a lovely engine you have)

Nice engine, shame its missing 6 cylinders!!!

Stu

Reply to
Stuart Adair

"Stuart Adair" wrote in news:ct2b6a$guq$ snipped-for-privacy@titan.btinternet.com:

What on earth are you going on about? We are talking about "Jaguar" XK DOHC inline six, not Ford, sorry, "Jaguar" V6's .....

Ron

Reply to
Ron

No, you missed the point. Only 12 cylinders will do

Reply to
Stuart Adair

I hate to differ with you Stu, but the v12 is nothing more than a boulevard cruiser engine.

It really heavy, too top heavy, has lousy cylinder heads, and has many fuel injection issues.

A hot 6 would eat its lunch around a track. But if straight roads are your thing then the 12 is cool.

Blake

Reply to
Blake Dodson

That ain't necessarily so........

John Hudson

Wow. OK so 5.5 litres is needed to hold off 3.4 and less. I stand corrected.

Reply to
Blake Dodson