Highest mileage X300

Do I have the highest mileage X300 @ 291K??? Anyway if not what should I be expecting to break??

thanks

Edward

Reply to
Edward Mark Clayson
291K? Congratulations! Highest I've heard of was over 400 US miles some years ago. The owner sent us a picture, the car looked like new.

Actually, at that mileage you're into uncharted waters. If the previous owner maintained it the powertrain should be fine, although the Lucas engine management system can stall momentarily if the connectors to the air flow meter have not been upgraded, a factory fix.

X300 exorcised many of the XJ40s demons, like the ride leveling system, leaky Adwest steering racks replaced by ZF, battery capacity, bulb failure modules & other goofy electrics. It still had some issues with poorly set up differentials that howled, however at that mileage if it had been so afflicted the unit has probably failed and been replaced by now. Otherwise it's a "wait and see". Great car!

Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge

Poor resale record for an X300?? *S*

Webserve

Reply to
webserve

Hi Edward,

I have 178,000 UK miles on my 1995 X300 XJR and its use ever day in my job as a sales rep It still drive like new and is servive every 10,000 miles

Derek U.k

Reply to
Derek

what should I be

The mileometer is probably the best bet ;)

Dave Wilkinson

Reply to
David Wilkinson