How compatible are 1976 and 1977 XJ6?

I have a 1977 xj6 that is need of body repair and have located a 1976 that the body is in pretty good shape. As far as I know they have the same engine but, does anyone know how campatible the body types are? I am thinking of buting it for a parts car or using the one I have as the parts car, whichever is easier.

Thanks

Reply to
boat73

They are both XJ6 Series II Saloons and the parts should all be identical. They did not change to a Series III until 1979.

Webserve

Reply to
webserve

Thats great news. What about the XJ12? At a glance they look the same, is the engine size the only diff?

Reply to
boat73

"boat73" wrote in news:1125179206.211889.303180 @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

And diff ratio.