How much to convert XJS to V8?

I haven't bought an XJS yet but was just wondering: How much does it cost to convert a Jaguar XJS to a V8?

I would guess you would have to buy a conversion kit.

What would be a good V8 to purchase?

What recommendations can you give me?

Thanks.

__________________________ Mega Man JobCrunchersUnite.com

Reply to
Mega Man

More than the effort is worth. Fix the V12.

There used to be several on the market, one outfit in Dallas specialized in these conversions.

Most of these used the tried & true pushrod Chevy 350 and GM 400 trans, etc.

From a restoration standpoint you should restore the original V12. MAny parts are available that are better than what was originally fit. The conversions can be well done, but the value of the car will be virtually destroyed.

Reply to
Jerry McG

Why would you be immediately looking at swapping out what might be a perfectly good motor ? There are plenty of conversions already done, why not just purchase a V8 convert. Jag-lovers.org has a 'lumps' section where you can get information about V8-in-Jag-cars.

Reply to
EmJay

Mega Man wrote in news:vs7Hc.9245$oD3.7377 @newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Go buy a car with a V8 engine and leave the Jaguar as is. It's V12 is far superior to any old "pushrod V8".

Reply to
Ron the Barbarian

I've done both.I now own a very clean low mileage XJS V12.There is nothing like the ethereal smoothness of a V12. On the other hand ,I built an S2 XJ12L,with a hot rod 400 small block.It had no refinement to speak of ,but it was reliable,fast and gobs of fun.I miss it.Would I trade it for the XJS I have now?Nope.Adysthemic

Reply to
Adysthemic

"Adysthemic" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

I have a SWB SII as a run-a-round-town car. I'd like to put a V12 in it and run it purely on LPG.

Reply to
Ron the Barbarian