How to duplicate Navtech CD’s

Considering that Navtech doesn?t want to support further updates of the older CD format, I don?t see any problem with ripping them off for a copy now and then.

Who among you has successfully made a copy... How?

I tried using Nero on Win2K, and have tried CDRECORD on Solaris (Unix) but to no avail. I get an error in read at about 80% and the process stops.

Any ideas where these CD?s can be purchased inexpensively?

Has anyone tried using an IDE DVD player installed instead of the existing box... or does anyone know what?s inside the existing box for that matter?

I?ve had my S-Type for 2 days.... so will investigate.

I?d appreciate input if you have any successes to tell about, or any horrible failures too.

David

Reply to
WA6QVI

I'd use something like Alcohol 120% for that. Its ability to read 'dodgy' CDs is better than Neros. Although I'd make sure the original CD you're copying from is clean first (I know its obvious.. but...). Wipe it down very thoroughly Then try using some of the 'datatype' methods in the CD Copy options..

Its a trial and error method.. but has a good chance of working. I dount theres any heavy protection on these CDs. But if you read the CD Jewel Case it may have some clues if its actually protected.

paulh

Reply to
paulh