Intermittent Light problem

Hi, I have a strange intermittent problem with my parking light. I can start my car in the morning and go to work, it takes me about 15 minutes. At all the time there is parking light and tail light. Then if I drive again after 1 hour, 30 minuets or five minutes, the parking light does not come on! I have taken all light units apart and can not find any visual problem. I have sprayed all connectors with WD-40, but no good. When the parking light is working there is no way to interupt it by fiddling with the connectors or kicking, shaking or rolling! The same when it's not working. No matter what I do it will not work! Give me a clue where to find this problem!

Pepe

Reply to
Pepe

Sorry I have forgotten to mention:

Jaguar XJ 40 Sovereign 1994

Pepe

"Pepe" skrev i meddelandet news:aIQqf.152784$ snipped-for-privacy@newsc.telia.net...

Reply to
Pepe

Reply to
Don Young

Thank you Don Young for answering!

Yes all four parking light goes out at the same time. I have no side markers with lamps inside, only rear side of the car have marker and only reflectors inside.

There is no bulb failure warning. There are light in the instrument cluster at first and second step of the light switch.

Do you know if there are some relay that turn on the parking light? Do you know what module is giving the parking light? I have found one unit under the steering wheel where all calbles from the light switch ends up. I have sparyed all these connectors but it will not help. There is always parking light when I start the car in the morning or in the evening after work. But when I am home after about half an hour there is no more parking light, and worse, no tail light. The front parking light is not so big problem...

I have the Haynes Repair book and several CD with wire diagrams but I can't find out how the parking lights are connected. Or what component that is wrong. Could it be a transistor that gets overheated after a while and then when the car has been parked for some time it cools down and the working again for 10 - 20 minutes?

Any help is welcome!

Thank You

Pepe

"Don Young" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
Pepe

On page 12-22 of my Haynes manual it shows the parking or side lights turned on by grounding a BLU/BLK wire from the FACIA SWITCH PACK. This energizes the AUX SIDE LIGHTS RELAY if +12V is present at the BRN/YEL wire from fuse B2 in the right fuse panel. When this relay is energized the ground at the BLK/PNK lead connects to the BLU/GRN wire. This wire is connected to the RED wire which goes to the four bulb modules to turn on the lamps. This is the only part of the circuitry which is common to all four corners of the car and seems to be where your problem lies. I have the JHM 1126 CD which has more complete wiring and location diagrams but is harder to search. I am in the process of looking for more information there and will let you know if I find anything else. Page 12-5 of the Haynes manual shows 2 side light relays near the right of the console, but I do not know exactly where they are located.

Reply to
Don Young

Thank you very much! I think I found the problem thank's to you! It seams to be a bad coonection to the relay. Thank's to you I could find the relay and when I started to finger the unit the lights came on!

This one was never touched before and there vas come green corrosion on the connectors. I have cleaned the connector and also the relay module and now it seams to work again. Thank you very much!

Pepe Jaguar XJ40 4.0 Sovereign -94 (Winter car) Jaguar XJS 6.0 Conv -95 (Summer car)