Jaguar Registered Agent

I would like to sue Jaguar for non-performance of work under the warranty. Does anyone know:

1) The official name of Jaguar (US headquartered in New Jersey) 2) The official registered agent 3) The current President (Michael O'Driscoll(?))

Thanks,

Tony

Reply to
mapantique.com

Tony, The official name is Jaguar Cars, 555 MacArthur Boulevard, Mahwah, New Jersey 07430.

Your best bet on the rest of the information is to research on the Jag website:

or do a Google search.

The problem with where you are going is that each individual dealership is it's own independent company -- separate from Jaguar. In order for you to go after Jaguar, you will need proof that it is Jaguar that is not fulfilling the warranty work, not just the dealership. You will also need proof that what you determine to be a warranty issue is indeed a warranty issue. You need to go to a second dealership to see if they too refuse to honor what you believe to be warranty work. You need to have them put in writing that it is not warranty work or why they will not do the work under warranty if you believe it should be.

This country is VERY tough on auto makers that do not honor warranties. Your best bet would be to see a consumer affairs group to back you on this. There are plenty that will if you have a true warranty issue. If you do in fact have an issue, they will help you go after Jaguar. If you don't have an issue, you will find yourself on a long and winding, VERY expensive journey.

While I am loathe to darken the doorstep of a Jaguar dealership for any kind of work other than warranty work, I find it surprising that that you are having a problem with them backing a warranty. Jaguar still backs and repairs the silly automatic seatbelts from 1989 under full lifetime warranty and these cars are 15 years old now. The local dealership doesn't carry parts that old, however.

Webserve00

Reply to
Webserve

Hello,

A few years back there was a silent recall for FORD Windstar 3.8 engines (Head Gasket Failure). So what happened was that dealer's took advantage of these silent recalls and charged the customers for the repairs and then submitted the warranty claim to FORD. Very clever, very wrong.

In my opinion FORD was somewhat to blame because they did not advertize that the repairs would be covered thus tempting their dealerships to scam the consumers. Now I dont mean to pick on FORD because all dealerships suffer from things like I mentioned, sometimes worse.

I wish you the best of luck in your pursuit...and I hope you have deep pockets full of disposeable cash.

Regards,

BD

Reply to
DieInterim