Jaguar S Type Urgent Advice Required

I am picking up a 2000 S Type tomorrow to replace my knackered XJR. When on the test drive, the car ran very well but at a set of traffic lights the engine management system warning light flashed on and off twice. There were no problems with the car and the warning light didn't flash again. Was it because the car was cold? It had been sitting on the forecourt for a while. Am panicking, urgent help required before 12.00 GMT.

Cheers

Richard

Reply to
Turenne

Allmost impossible to diagnose from that, as you say it could simply be as a result of the car sitting or with very little use fo a period. Make sure you have a warranty, if neccessary take it to your local jag stealer for a test

Reply to
old man

Many thanks for the prompt reply. I've got a warranty. I'll just have to hope for the best. Nothing could be more problematic than the XJR.

Richard

Reply to
Turenne

Reply to
old man

Thanks, I think it'll suit me. My last three cars have been XJs so this'll be a change. I might even be able to get it into my garage if I move the other car over a bit.

Richard

Reply to
Turenne

Thanks, I think it'll suit me. My last three cars have been XJs so this'll be a change. I might even be able to get it into my garage if I move the other car over a bit.

Richard

Reply to
Turenne

Thanks Steve and Old Man, lots of good info. I took delivery of the car and took it back 15 minutes later! Lost acceleration on the M62/M6 and noted that the Engine Management Light was was flashing. All sorted now, all it needed was a new coil. The mpg seems disastrous. I've reset the display and will try again on a longer run. What sort of mpg, mixed town and motorway should I get on a 4 litre?

Cheers

Richard

Reply to
Turenne

Turenne a écrit :

Hi Richard,

I'm thinking of buying a 2001 XJR with 90.000 km on the clock. You seem to have had problems with yours, what type may I ask ? Thank You

Ghost Rider

Reply to
Ghost Rider