JAGUAR TYPE S

Does anyone know anything about the reliability of the S Type year 2001??

Reply to
<kpara

Hi

I live in the UK and traded in My Alfa 2.5 V6 for an X plate Late November

2000 S-type, I have had it 3 Months now and to date its been great, I rang my dealer when the Gear box problem arose here in the UK were it could slip into reverse in certain conditions, I was told my car / year Gearbox was not affected.

I have read allot on this forum with people having Transmission problems on the 3L V6, and I also noticed allot seemed to be US owners with problems so I wonder if there's are different or there climate affects it some how.

Any way to date I am very pleased with the car a joy to drive, and doesn't cost any more to run than my Alfa, now they are cars that need to be mothered but return a rewarding drive.

Reply to
Paul

But oh .....the beautiful music the Alfa made at full power.

Reply to
Blake Dodson

Yeah now that is one thing I do miss the sound of that V6 in full song is awesome, its the last of the original Alfa V6's, the new ones are watered down GM units that Alfa are trying to get extra power from and there unmistakable sound.

Reply to
Paul

I have an 2003 V8 and we LOVE IT!!!! We are in the USA

Shamus

Reply to
Shamus O'Hire