Jaguar X-Type ECM Codes

I had to call out the AA (Automobile Association) for some road-side assistance today.

Driving along I had the ABS light come on, and then the ECM warning light a minute or so later. The AA man plugged his analysis computer in and got the following codes:

P1111+ Fuel and Air Metering C1175 Unspecified manufacturer code. C1175+ Unspecified manufacturer code.

A bit of history:

A couple of weeks ago I hit a massive pot-hole. I took the car straight into Jaguar for a service and inspection. They needed to adjust the tracking, and change a wheel which had been buckled.

I've only had it back a short time, and only in the last day or so had the chance to really drive it and see if I can feel any problems.

I'm guessing the 1175 faults relate to some sort of wheel speed measurement, as this code seems to be searchable on Google, but I have found it in any posts directly related to the X-Type.

So does anyone know of a list of ECM codes for the X-Type?

Reply to
srmoll

It is a LH Rear Wheel speed sensor fault in the anti-lock braking system.

  1. Open circuit.
  2. Short to B+ V. (No explanation to what this means)
  3. Short circuit to ground.

The code is the same for model 2002 and 2004, you did not say what year.

Hope this helps,

Reply to
davidb

Yes, sorry...

2001 X-Type 2.5 Sport

It has ABS, but doesn't have traction or stability control.

Reply to
Stephen

The earliest year model listed is 2001.5 (whatever that means) but uses the chart for 2002. Looking more closely the code refers to both the anti-lock brakeing system and the dynamic stability control so if you don't have the dynamic stability it must be related to the ABS.

This info is from a JTIS CD purchased from eBay. I purchased it for an S-Type but it contains info on all models from 2002 onwards.

Reply to
davidb