Just bought an XK8

WOW, I have had it a day now and its superb. Black with Mag interior ( mint ) 40K miles and FSH. Its a beast, am looking forward to some exciting motoring.

Does anyone know what the VALET button is, I can't see mention of it in the manual.

Today my much loved 1989 V12 XJS convertible sailed through the MOT and was serviced as well. I wasn't looking for a new car but the XK8 came along at such a low price ( £15K) . I love the XJS and have £18k worth of main dealer bills. It has wanted for nothing. Just recently had all new suspension, discs and pads. Its a great car, certainly not immaculate but in fine fettle.. Lots and lots of history

Anyone looking for one in black with piped magnolia leather and wood steering wheel, will haggle a small amount at £7500 and throw in the 6cd kenwood system. Can email pics if interested

Nick

-- Nick Bennett buys 007 memorabilia The Biggest Online Bond Collection @

Nick

Hello Nick,

The Valet button on your XK8 locks the doors and puts the windows up AFAIK. I think your XJS should have one above the radio.

Regards

Dave Wilko

Reply to
David Wilkinson

Typically it also locks the trunk and glove box and then you give the valet key to the valet attendant and all it will do is work in the ignition so he can park the car. That's how my Vanden Plas works...

Reply to
Kevin Killebrew

The VALET button works with the VALET key for the car. Once pushed, the VALET key will only open the doors and start the ignition. It will not open the boot, for example. The purpose is so you can leave packages in the car and still park it with an attendant.

To return the car to normal mode, I th>WOW, I have had it a day now and its superb. Black with Mag interior (

Reply to
Philip Gagner