lumbar support x type

How does this work? When I press the switch to increases lumbar support I can hear the motor but can't feel any thing in the seat.When I decreases the lumbar switch it seems nothing is working (no motor noise) Is this the way it works or is something wrong ? It's like this on both seats. 2003 X-Type 3.0 Thanks if you can help out. Bruce

Reply to
My PC

Are You shore that Your car has got lumbar support?

Reply to
Jag

As best I can tell, the "up" is running a pump to inflate the support, down just allows it to inflate. Best way to tell if it's working is to recline the seat, lie in the chair, hit the button and wait for your lower spine to be lifted out of the seat! (Personally, I find it quite painful with anything more than a small amount of "support" Dalziel

Reply to
DalzielBlake