Mystery Jaguar Badge

Can any of you chaps help identify a chrome or nickel Jaguar badge I have had kicking around in my garage for many years. Looks like it might have been enamelled at one time. Photographs of it at

Robert

Robert, That is a hub cap badge off of a 60's small saloon -- probably an S-Type or a 420. It fits in the center of the hub caps that were made for the steel wheels. I know they came with the caps on my S-Type. Whether they are the original caps or not is questionable.

Reply to
webserve

Thanks for the reply.

Reply to
Robert

I had a sterling key chain fob, same exact shape and style, that came with my XK120 FHC. Sold the car a long time ago, but still have the keychain. Maybe that will help you with the vintage aspect of your badge.

-Curt

Reply to
C B

It is a badge from an early Jaguar pressed steel wheel hub cap. These were used on Mark 1's, Mark 2's, 420's, S-types, Mark V, VII, VIII, IX and X's and probably others (like the XK's). The size might have varied from model to model - the hub cap size did a few times.

Graham L

Reply to
Graham & Ronda Lyons