New model XJ ownes please read

Hi,

I recently bought an aluminium XJ and noticed the following 4 "faults". I would like to know if these are faults on my car or features common to the range. So you have a current model XJ I would appreciate hearing if your car does, or does not, have these same issues.

  1. Parking Sensors. Both forwards and backwards proximity sensors are active in all reverse and forward gears. I do not want alterting to a wall near the front of the car when I am in reverse and backing away from it. The manual suggests its direction sensitive but doesnt actually state that.

  1. Auto brightness control on the navigation screen. If you set the brightness to auto, then its bright in daylight and inverse video and dim at night, which is good. The problem is it sometimes flashes bright/dim around dusk. The change is every couple of seconds or so and distracting.

  2. Auto headlights Also around dusk I looked out at the car parked on the driveway and noticed the headlights were flashing on very briefly at irregular intervals, roughly every few seconds or so. I went out and noticed I left the headlights in the auto setting, and switching them to manual off resulted in them staying off. Do you have to switch them from auto to off when you park? Perhaps this is related to fault 2.

  1. Torque converter bypass. Abbout 15 years ago Jaguars would bypass the torque converter when cruising at sufficient speed. I think it was over 50 or 60 mph, the car would go into direct drive. You can tell if this happens because the rev counter and speedo will move in proportion. If the torque converter is still being used, then you can vary accelerator pressure and swing the rev counter needle around without significant change in speed, up to the point where you forced a kick down. The torque converter wastes fuel, so the bypass made the cars significantly more economical. Have they gone backwards in recent years and dropped this feature?

I look forward replies to any of these issues, both confirmation and denials.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy Sonander