next year's XK...

I'm amazed I've not seen much discussion of the ALC/next XK...

Anyone reeeally like it? Or hate it?

It's a been to Mr Callum, too little Jaguar IMO... :)

Reply to
Mugwump

Well, in typical Ford fashion the poor thing's been bean countered to death, but I hear from friends within the organiozation it's a really great improvement on the XK8. Under the skin it's still basically the DEW98 platform, which now the foundation fro the Lincoln LS, Ford Mustang, For Thunderbird, Jaguar XJ & S-Type. It isn't a bad platform, it was outdated when launched in '99 and clearly doesn't match the refinement of competitors.

Reply to
SoK66

How can the XJ and S-Type platform's be the same when they are made using such different materials? AFAIK the XK is heavily based on the aluminum XJ - seen no mention of S-Type origins so far.

I was more interested in peoples opinions of the styling - apparently it is better in the flesh than in photos (which are now circulating since the brochure shots have been leaked).

Reply to
Mugwump

Are we talking about the model so very similar to the Astin Martin DB productions? I thought it was slated for production in 2007 ... either way, if this is the model you're discussing then on my part I love it's look and can't wait to purchase one as soon as possible! I always felt the current XK incarnation was a bit lack luster in appearance (which is why I purchased my XJ-8 instead). I've wished for a devastatingly beautiful redesign/restyling for the XK and for me, this new design has done it completely. The only thing that I wish they would do differently is put wood back on the dash, I'm not a fan of the graphite / metal styling but that's not enough to hold me back once they become availble.

Rick Piatt

Reply to
RickPiatt