Opinions on customizing Jaguars?

I took the plunge and bought a new Jag this sumer, XK8R.

Kick ass car, my wife was a little pissed since we have 4 kids, but I purchased it as a company car.

I have an older XJ6 that I just love, a 1988. Resale isn't that great on these, but it's in excellent condition, and I have kept it up.

Now I am thingking of customizing it a bit, with Lister air dam and side skirts, and "shaved" doors. Shaved doors for those who might not be familiar with the term, is removing the door handles and welding sheet metal over the holes, hten replacing the door latch hardware with electronic solenoids to pop the doors open with a keychain based remote.

I have a friend that works at a custom shop, and they make wheels from "slugs" Basically solid discs, then designs are milled out of them to make custom wheel rims.

As it is, I can buy nice cherry condition xj6 for under 2k anyway, so I wouldn't get squat out of this car if I sold as is. Woudl I just be ruining the car to make a custom cruiser out of it?

Other than the shaved doors and skirts, I was going to leave the exterior stock, with the stock charcoal paint job, polky with clear coat, just the way it comes from the factory. And of course custom rims. I wasn't going to do much with the interior, only some very slight modifications to the seats to look more modern.

So no metal flake paint, no bounicing, no lowering the frame, no neons under the chassis, no fake fur interior.

Reply to
Jarod

Jarod wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I assume your talking about an XJ40? If so, go for it. I doubt they will every become a collectors item :-)

Ron

Reply to
Ron McGrice

snipped-for-privacy@pobox.com (DieInterim) wrote in news:a86203f2.0309051329.7b3c1d74 @posting.google.com:

Yeah, true though :-) There is a mob in Vic AU who sell glassfibre up market guards, hood, etc to make them look like a X300. Not a bad idea :-)

I think a real "Hooned" up one would look good. We could call it a "Coventry Rocket" :-)

Ron

Reply to
Ron McGrice

Cant find them using Body Kit Australia X300. You have a name, or a URL? TIA

Reply to
Here Kitty Kitty