Our first jag!!!

My wife and I have just gotten our first Jaguar!!! We bought a used 03 S type 4.0 with 20,700 miles on it. We love it!!!! What a smooth ride and great acceleration.

I was wondering if there is anything that I should be looking out for in the way of maintenance issues?

We traded in our 02 Audi TT 225hp convertible that she loved and got this one since we are planning on having children and need a 4 door. ( I kept on teasing my wife that we were getting a mini van)

Also, I was wondering if there was any cool accessories for this car.

Thanks

Shamus

Reply to
Shamus O Hire

I had fun looking at this site.

I just bought my first Jaguar too. 2003 S-Type R. What a treat.

Reply to
mdp

Congrads! Just got our first new Jag too. Also an '03 S-Type R. What a great ride. The only accessory I bought was a Jaguar Racing Mark Webber F1 hat. Hopefully Jaguar can have a good season in F1 this year.

TB

Reply to
Hey Now!

I too just got a new S-Type R. The car is wonderful, but the sound system is sketchy in comparison to the rest of the car. I understand that I will have to keep the head unit, but any ideas how to, or who can, upgrade the components? I am just looking for crisp, clean sound, not in building a boom box on wheels.

Reply to
John Smith

Doesn't the 2004 S-Type R come standard with the 320-watt Alpine audiophile sound system? I have a 2003 S-Type 4.2 -- the Alpine system was optional on this model, but I just absolutely had to have it. I'm a composer/keyboardist and personally, I think this system sounds great.

MW

Reply to
KeybdWizrd

Yes it does come with this system. And it sounds great in the S-type. We drove the S-type for two days while the dealer prepped our R and were quite satisified with the sound system. But the sound quality between the two is noticeably different.

Yesterday the dealer agreed the sound qualty not the same despite being the same system. He attributed the difference to the more rigid chasis of the R. The dealer then refered me to a hifi shop that does all of their work (apparently a fair number of others have wanted to upgrade the sound system as well.)

The place they referred me to wanted $3500-$4500 to upgrade the system with new speakers and, accord>

composer/keyboardist

Reply to
John Smith

I cant say I'm blown away by the sound system, but its not bad. While test driving different cars, I was most impressed with the systems in the Acuras. Lexus and Infinity were superb as well. MB, Audi, BMW, VW and Jag all seem to come up a little short in the sound department.

Tis a shame.

I still love the car and will make do with the so-so sound system. Sometime I just prefer to listen to the sweet sounds coming from the engine room.

Hey Now!

I guess this is purely an area of personal preference where everyone has different opinions. Personally, I like the sound system in my Jag XKR much more than my Acura MDX. And I think the nicest factory sound system I've heard in any car was the sound system in a Lexus I heard while test driving the SC430 before I bought the Jag. Of course there could be a big difference in the systems and sounds between the different modesl here as well.

Reply to
Larry Simon