Polishing Headlight Lens on 2003 S-Type w/Xenon Lights

Lens has what appears to be pitting and has residue building on the top. At $1000US a side, would like to try and repair. Anyone know if this is glass or a composite like a polycarbonate and what to use to repair it?

Reply to
mdp

I believe it is UV damage to the plastic. Mine are starting to look fogged at the top as well. I have seen this cleaned up on car shows on TV. There are any number of cleaners/polishers that can fix this. Try

or try "headlight UV cleaner" in any search engine. I have not tried it yet but I will need to in the near future. The TV folks all said not to get this stuff on the paint.

Reply to
David