Radio Air Conditioning/Heater Intermittent

I have a 94 XJ6 and for a year now especially in the summer the radio, seat adjustments and air conditioning will sometimes (more in summer) not come on immediately. Then after a few minutes they all come on simultaneously. It acts like a relay that's not making contact. I went to the Stealer and they said ''Duh ?'' ''But for $90 per hour we'll try to find the problem''. They even had the nerve to say we usually don't work on cars older than 10 years. Yea right !! Any help would be appreciated

Reply to
JagFan

"" wrote: > I have a 94 XJ6 and for a year now especially in the summer > the radio, seat > adjustments and air conditioning will sometimes (more in > summer) not come > on immediately. Then after a few minutes they all come on > simultaneously. > It acts like a relay that's not making contact. I went to > the Stealer and > they said ''Duh ?'' ''But for $90 per hour we'll try to find > the > problem''. They even had the nerve to say we usually don't > work on cars > older than 10 years. Yea right !! Any help would be > appreciated

I have a TIS disc which I got on ebay which shows how to rectify this type of problem. Unfortunately I?m out of the office at present and cant access my home PC on remote through my fone. If I get home earlier enough I?ll have a look and respond again.

Reply to
Discouri

"" wrote: > I have a 94 XJ6 and for a year now especially in the summer > the radio, seat > adjustments and air conditioning will sometimes (more in > summer) not come > on immediately. Then after a few minutes they all come on > simultaneously. > It acts like a relay that's not making contact. I went to > the Stealer and > they said ''Duh ?'' ''But for $90 per hour we'll try to find > the > problem''. They even had the nerve to say we usually don't > work on cars > older than 10 years. Yea right !! Any help would be > appreciated

on the firewall under the hood, is the heater control valve, this is a common problem. also try the operating arm of the water valve spindle it may have worked loose and slipped off the spindle like on my XJS

Rgds,

Gary

Reply to
Discouri