Radio Codes

As previously posted, I ran into some trouble lately when the battery died on my used '91 XJ-6 and of course, there's no radio code to be found. Tried looking for a 4 digit number under the hood but everything had a '9' or '0' in it. Tried the local dealer in Vegas and they were absolutely no help and were very rude to boot. Tried Jaguar directly and they said all codes are purged after 3 years and there was no way to recover them. They were very friendly though and tried to help (I reported the Vegas dealer to them!). They did give me the dealer in California where the car was originally purchased. They were friendly also but had no record of the code number. I sent an e-mail to Alpine to see if they can help but haven't heard back yet. I may be purchasing a new radio!

Reply to
Kris K

My 1990 XJ-S has a 5 digit code and I got it directly from Jaguar. You will need to remove the radio(which is easy) and record the Radio Serial Number. Send the Radio Serial Number and the Vehicle vin# to Jaguar and request the code. They were really quick and courteous to me. You can get the Jag mfg email address using the Google search engine.

Reply to
dale_peterson

I have a 98 XK8 and have had to remove power (disconnecting the battery)

2-3 times in the last year. Not only did my radio still work, I didn't even lose my presets.
Reply to
Jeff Lindstrom