radio pin number

I disconnected the battery on my 89 XJS and now the radio won't play with out entering the pin number.The manual isn't clear on how to enter the pin number. Are there any other buttons to push? Help i'm soundless

Reply to
duane s via CarKB.com

I have read somewhere recently that the radio code number is on a sticker, sometimes located under the hood, elswhere I'm not sure. I don't know how the code is entered either. Try googleing for radio codes, even better use the manufacturer if known.

Good luck, hope this helps ...

Reply to
davidb

Per my 2000 booklet, the security code is entered with the preset buttons numbered 1 through 6.

If a beep sound occurs while entering the code, start over with the first digit.

If the code is not entered successfully in three tries, you must leave the radio on for one hour before the radio will accept three additional attempts.

Roger

Reply to
Roger

Hi, Your local Jag dealer (or original dealer as noted on the service book) should have it on their database, they ommitted to provide me with the code when I purchased mine and have since changed the battery without referring to myself for the code.

I had a similar problem with my last car bought privately and obtained the code through the dealer without charge, they may need proof of ownership and will need the original registration.

Hope this helps. Howard XKR 1999

Reply to
Howard Clough

I think a dealer can take the radio serial number and do something. thats how I found mine out.

Reply to
ed