Radio Stays on

I have a 2000 S-Type 4.0 and the radio remains on after the car is turned off and the key removed. It never did this before. I can even turn the radio back on without putting the key in. Any advise?!?!?!?!

Reply to
Michael Bukosky via CarKB.com

Just a guess (I'm not familiar with S-type)... perhaps you aren't turning the key fully to the locked position before you pull the key out? The ignition may still be in the accessory position.

Reply to
WayneC

Thats a good idea, but I've checked and no other components are turned on such as the climate control which comes on if the key is in the accessory position. Any other ideas?

Reply to
Michael Bukosky via CarKB.com

Consult the audio manual. There is a key combination (radio keys, not ignition key) that when pressed allows it to be turned off with the ignition or you can set it so that it is totally independant of the ignition.

Reply to
xxxADULTxxx

I have studied the manual and can't find anything like that. I have tried different key combination and it gave me different menus but I am unsure what do do next. Does anyone elses manual explain the steps for this? Unfortunatly mine does not.

Reply to
Michael Bukosky via CarKB.com

I had the same problem on a 1999 3.0 SE Stype from new, Often the radio would switch on overnight in the garage and flatten the battery. The dealer changed every electronic part possible until a few months ago they changed the Ignition barrel, even with 105000 miles on it was renewed under warranty as it had the fault from new. now it works perfect< it must have cost jag a fortune in fitting a new radio, ecu unit, door electronics and 3 batteries in the 4 years it has taken to fix. I found that if you removed the key with the radio on and it stopped on just put the key in about 1mm and try to turn it anticlockwise the radio would go off thus confirming theignition barrel.

Reply to
work

Not Jag, FORD pays.

How many suspension parts have been changed too? Manifold warpage....Piles of FORD shit. But that is what Americans buy, and soon all cars will be schiesse because people keep buying crap.

If FORD would let me, I would put Jag out of its misery like MG. Why prolong the inevitable? Lincoln anyone?

Reply to
Blake Dodson

WOW!!! Ignorance really is bliss!!

Reply to
Michael Bukosky via CarKB.com

I guess we all can't be as cool as a guy named Blake!!!!

Reply to
Michael Bukosky via CarKB.com

Fuck you shitbag

Reply to
Blake Dodson

Do this group and the world a favour you goose , self immolate .

Reply to
atec

WHy would you want to have sex with his colostomy nag ?. floats you boat I guess ?

Reply to
atec

BTW - Replace your ign. switch, especially if the dome light comes on if you open your door.

I did not make a personal attack at you, but that did not stop* you* did it?

Reply to
Blake Dodson

Blake, I have seen your responses in several groups and none have been of any use to anyone! I see you come on this site to have a social life, but a computer and your self is pretty pitifull!!!! If you have something useful to say then say it. But don't waste my time or anyone else's with your garbage. Your choice of language truly shows your intellegance.

Reply to
Michael Bukosky via CarKB.com

When Blake - or anyone - posts messages, however useful, it brings more attention to your problem, and makes it more likely you'll get more better answers. You should thank him.

Just because someone chooses your particular post to rant about it is no reason to respond with personal attacks.

Some guys keep the newsgroup alive; some guys give excellent answers; some guys rant. Some guys do a little of everything.

If you don't like what Blake has to say, just delete it immediately on reading it, and it won't ever bother you.

And by the way, " intellegance" is not a good word to misspell.

- Tom

Happy Trails To You

Reply to
Happy Trails

Yeah sure, several. I'll buy that for a dollar you scoundrel. If you have been to several boards then you must have issues all the time.

So you demonstrated that if someone states their opinion, and you dont like it, then you make personal attacks. Yes, that is more than one attack. Is it the person or is it the text?

You have not a clue about which way to losen a bolt so how could you possibly understand something that requires experience and an understanding of the working logic of these components? Tightwad.

Blake

BTW - Inside the ign switch is a gate that senses the key. Its most likely stuck. Do you need someone to tell you what is the best lube too? Powdered Graphite. Lube it and row the key in and out several times.

Reply to
Blake Dodson

Blakes original response had nothing and I repeat nothing to do with my question. Stay with the topic at hand.

There always seems to be one person who has such low self esteem that they need to have thier voice heard so they just blurt out things that are completely unrelated to the topic. See below!!!

Blake Dodson states : (Not Jag, FORD pays.

How many suspension parts have been changed too? Manifold warpage....Piles of FORD sh.t. But that is what Americans buy, and soon all cars will be schiesse because people keep buying crap.

If FORD would let me, I would put Jag out of its misery like MG. Why prolong the inevitable? Lincoln anyone?) Blake Dodson

Reply to
Michael Bukosky via CarKB.com

Blake, the biggest issue that I have had surrounding this car is you.

BTW - The remote wire on the CD changer that feeds into the clip that goes into the back of the radio became disconnected. That caused the radio to become unhooked to a switched source. Follow the electrical diagram from Jag and it shows that it uses the stock CD changer as the switced or remote source.

Good thing there was no bolts to loosen on this since I have and I quote from Blake (You have not a clue about which way to losen a bolt so how could you possibly understand something that requires experience and an understanding of the working logic of these components? Tightwad.)

Tightwad!?!?! What does that have to do with anything? WOW!

Reply to
Michael Bukosky via CarKB.com

Your right, " intellegance" is not a good word to misspell.

I guess I should have gone to Kennesaw State University, right Blake? Then I could have been a smart mouthed hill billy. I guess spelling wasn't a strong point for me. Keller Graduate School did not focus on that...................

Reply to
Michael Bukosky via CarKB.com

cant wait to tell the guys at the shop that unhooking you CD changer keeps your radio on!!!

I'll buy that for a dollar.

Reply to
Blake Dodson