Radio won't work after battery disconnect

I enter the 4 digit security code for my radio, ignition "on" & alternately get the "code" or "wait" message. I have tried several times, with verbal instructions from a local dealer. My owner's manual is lost & I am beginning to question my ability to follow simple instructions. (The code was provided by the dealer based on my VIN number.) Any ideas?

Reply to
harborcat99

I had terrible trouble with mine (in anXJ40 1988) until someone gave me the keystroke sequence on the Jaguar site (can't remember the one now, but it's the popular one). I remembered half the code, now I had the keystroke sequence, so that left the other half of the code to guess. I did it on the 7th guess. Have now written the code in a safe place (not in the car!)

Cheers

Reply to
aaa

Usually, on the XJ40, the radio code is on a tiny tag on the inside of the bonnet. In many cases, the radio has been removed or replaced from the original. This would be the case if the radio in your 1988 XJ40 has code. The original 1988 radio had no code and had CB Channel 19 built into the receiver.

Webserve

Reply to
webserve

As I said, I've solved the problem now but I'm curious to know where the code was written on the bonnet.. Exactly where? I can't find it but perhaps I was looking for something bigger.

Reply to
aaa

Reply to
webserve

Mine is '88 too, so you had the same zero outcome. OK, I've got it now anyway - just wondered where it was under my nose - now the reply seems to indicate "nowhere"!

Reply to
aaa

I have never been able to locate any numbers on the cars I worked on. I always had to pull the radio and call the stealer for a code.

Reply to
Blake Dodson