Re: 1986 Jag V12, heater not working

Vancouver has a strong Jag presence. In fact, even though I'm in Melbourne I am a member of the Jaguar Car Club of Victoria (Canada). Email me off-list and I'll send you a few contact details.

Fazal

----- Original Message ----- From: "jabs" Newsgroups: alt.autos.jaguar Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2004 6:11 PM Subject: Re: 1986 Jag V12, heater not working...

heh. I live in Vancouver. You know, I was once told by MCL a long time ago > (over heard the guy tell my father) that the mechanic who could do the work > on the Jag would be in Toronto lol. > > I tried flushing it out - nothing, no heat. I think I will go look around to > see if I can get a professional to do the job. Maybe I did something wrong. > > (how does that Suzuki ride? nice? I hurt my back on a Yamaha a while back > heh) > > > > Where do you live in Canada? I have a great mechanic here in Qu?bec, if > > you're near by, it might be worth your while. > > -- > > ---- > > Madison > > ---- > > '00 Subaru Outback > > '03 Suzuki GSX-R750K3 > > '78 Jaguar XJ-12L > > > > > > > Good evening, > > > > > > > > > > The heater valve does work, and I get air blowing out of the vents > in > > > the > > > > > cabin, but not hot air... the air con. does work, but the heater > won't > > > > work. > > > > > What else can I try to determine where the problem is? > > > > > > > > > > Thanks in advance.... > > > > > > > > If all the switches and flaps are working on the air con unit then > > > probably > > > > the heater matrix is blocked. What you need to do is disconnect the > > hoses > > > to > > > > the matrix (on the engine bulkhead) and flush out the matrix. I have > an > > > 86 > > > > XJS and it's a common problem. > > > > > > > > Mark > > > > Buying or selling a Jaguar. Go to
Reply to
Comm Clinic

JCCV President is Malcolm Taylor at snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca

Reply to