Re: Is Buying an 85 Series III Jaguar XJ6 a Bad Idea?

Yeah probably.

> > Here's the deal. My car is now five years old. It's a Sebring. > Practical, reliable, fairly fast and cheap to operate. All good stuff > except it is boring. I do not look forward to getting behind the wheel > and I normally enjoy driving almost as much as I like riding. > > I am looking at new cars. In my price range they are all boring. > Considering my Sebring has less than 60,000 kms on it, if the option > is another boring car I might as keep what I have got. > > So I start looking at older cars offering a few more bells and > whistles, Mercedes, Porsche, Audi, that kind of stuff. You have to > love the internet for car shopping. > > What catches my eye though is an 85 Series III Jaguar XJ6. > > Finished in British Green Exterior and Tan Leather interior, this Jag > just screams luxury. 192,000 kms and in near perfect cosmetic > condition. I am told it is good mechanical condition too but since it > is about 400 miles away so far I have only seen pictures of it. > > Originally an Alberta car the original owners took it to Arizona to be > used as their winter car. It's been back in Alberta for two years now. > It's a fuel injected in line six. > > Now this is a car I would have fun driving. > > Except for the well earned Jaguar reputation. > > If you have stuck with me so far in this post I am hoping you might > have some first hand accounts of owning a Cat. Mechanical pitfalls, > fuel consumption, cost of ownership. The good and the bad. > > Someone talk me out of this! Please. > > I will probably be driving up to see it this weekend. > > Two bikes, two cars and one driver. I need a friggin 12 step program.

Way more reliable than the XJ12. You'll need access to a good indie mechanic. You'll also want to be somewhat handy yourself. Depending on the price it could be a fine little hobby car. It's a buyer's market so drive a hard bargain.

Paul

Reply to
Paul M. Cook

I've just seen pictures of it and from them it looks like it has been immaculately maintained.

The final purchase price will probably be around 6k Canadian.

Reply to
Calgary

Are you sure you are not the one selling it?

Reply to
Happy Trails