Re: OK!!! It's HOT now and Air con is important to me.

Hiya,

I found the hot water cut off valve on mine had disintigrated on the inside and wasn't, well, cutting off the hot water. The thing looked OK from the outside but did nothing on the inside. The valve is in the engine bay, to the right of the battery and under the wiper motor. I couldn't get a jag part so went scrounging around the breakers and found one on a Renault or something. My Granada has the same part on it as well.

When the heat is switched off you should see the valve operate, just to see whether it may be this or the vaccuum that operates it is missing.

pottsy

Reply to
pottsy

Hello,

Start your car and turn on the air-con. Open your bonnet and check to see if your compressor is engaged (hub is rotating).

If your compressor is engaged then I would sspect that you either have a stuck ventilation flap, or the servo motor that operates it failed.

I have also seen the controller fail...

There are so many things that can go wrong, it is important to go through a step by step process of elimination to do the job right and be thrifty.

Regards,

Blake

Reply to
DieInterim