Re: x type in car phone

It cost me a cool £900 for a phone to be retro fitted into my XK8... Though the reception is excellent, no wires, nothing visible... People think I am calling from a fixed landline, as opposed to a hands free mobile, as Pete says its all controlled through the radio interface.

Was it worth it?

Hell yes - am always on the phone...

But guys at Jaguar office, if you're reading this - it would be good now just to have a bluetooth connection into the radio/entertainment devices... Would save having to copy numbers from regular phone to carphone etc. And save us all being hostages of Vodafone for the multisim (Pete & Bob - thoroughly recommend the multisim as it leaves you with just one number, regardless of your phone).

Hi All

> Jaguar want to charge around £700 for a Motorola phone that fits in a Jaguar > X type. Does anyone know if there is a common model number for this phone > (so I dont have to buy it from Jag) or is there any possibility of a > connector from the in car plug to another phone. > > thanks > > bob > >
£700...bloody hell I just got an x-type se and was thinking of getting the phone fitted (The car isn't new). But thats a lot of money...........

Though I think I read somewhere that the head unit had to be re-programmed after fitting any things like phone, cd's etc so it may be that you/we have no choice

Good luck with your research and let me know if you find anything.

Pete

Reply to
Simon C. B. Potts

Thanks for your comments. If I get any further. I will post update.

Reply to
ROBG