Recall

I was wondering if anyone in here has gotten the recall notice from Jag about the transmission on the S type.

We got it and it only took a day to reprogram the transmission.

I was wondering since I haven't seen any comments here about it. We live in the USA.

Shamus

03 S-type
Reply to
Shamus O'Hire

I got it and had it reprogrammed. Didn't notice anything different. I have a 2003 S-Type R. My dealer gave me a rose and a bottle of water when I picked it up. First time that's ever happened.

Reply to
mdp

Wow!!! All we got was a loaner X-type. But it is better than being handed a bill!!! : )

Shamus

Reply to
Shamus O'Hire

Actually back in Feb 2003, I made a big stink about the transmission computer firmware, as well as the blending of Ford product traits. ( I'm over it guys)

The recalls came later... =))))

Ol' DieInterim

Reply to
DieInterim

Got our S-type R reprgrammed last week. Only took the work day and it did really change the shift profile. There used to be an annoying lunge when starting out after a near stop. All gone now. Smooth as silk.

Geeez, I guess our dealer is pretty sucky. No rose, no bottle of water, not even an X-Type loaner. They did loan me a clapped out 2002 Ford Taurus. Anyone who thinks a Jag is a nothing more than a spiffed up Taurus has some serious misconceptions. I honestly dont think I have ever driven a crappier car in my life.

Oh well, got the R back and she's running smoother and just as strong.

Gotta talk to the dealer about that loaner though. Sheesh!

Tim

Reply to
Hey Now!

They gave me a 3-litre X-Type too. Nice but glad to have the S-Type R back.

Reply to
mdp