S Type electrically adjustable steering wheel query

Can any one tell me if a 2003 UK S Type electrically adjustable steering wheel with memory function should automatically move when the ignition key is turned? I it did in the pre-face lift model but doesn't move in this one. Many thanks for any comments received.

Reply to
Mitch

In my 2003 S Type on leaving the cat the seat moves back and the steering wheel gooes up and back, presumably to its default. On entering the car pressing the remote results in the steering wheel, seat and mirrors all move to their memory position .

Mike

Reply to
mooncatkiller

The column adjuster switch has two positions. One called Column and the other Auto. Setting the switch to Auto will give the behaviour you suggest.

The idea of the Auto mode is to allow for the easiest entry/exit possible.

The only down side of this is the wear and tear on the motors/wiring in the steering wheel, and I have heard reports of failures because of this.

For more info check the drivers handbook Section 3-23

Peter

Reply to
Peter

Yes, you are right. Despite the dealer telling me the car does not have the feature it actually does. Auto button located and working. Thanks for your help with this.

Reply to
Mitch