S Type GPS

Hi,

My father has just bought a new S Type diesel which has GPS fitted (not sure if it's standard or an accessory).

Is there any way of uploading safety camera locations?

I know that the answer is probably in the manual but I have next to no chnace of getting him to read it before I get there at christmas and by then it'll be too late to obtain any software that I need to install it when I visit.

Thanks

Chris.

Reply to
Chris

If its a std Jag one, I dont believe so

Reply to
old man

Thanks,

It seems ridiculous that I have to give him a tomtom when he has a GPS built in. He may have the only S Type with a TomTom on the windscreen

Reply to
Chris

Why not simply buy one of the many stand alone Camera Location devices? And I dont neccesssarily mean a speed camera detector.

You should check with Jaguar about their GPS device, as it may depend on model/version

Reply to
old man

Good idea about asking Jaguar - I'll call tomorrow.

As for a stand alone device. I think that the TomTom one (at about 160 pounds) is cheaper than most and as I have one I can more easily 'support' it. It does seem a shame to have to have third party devices hanging of his windscreen.

Thanks,

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Whatever you do, tell him not to rely on it in the mountains of Oregon.

Reply to
JimInsolo

Will this help?

?CatalogCategoryID=J3UKCggQ81MAAAEOuSF_0KBX&ShowAllProducts=YES

Reply to
mdp

?CatalogCategoryID=J3UKCggQ81MAAAEOuSF_0KBX&ShowAllProducts=YES

If you are in the UK, Road Angel is very good.

Richard

Reply to
Turenne