S-Type input

Any thoughts about the 2003-4 4.2 S-type.

I'm considering that car as well as a BMW or Audi next year.

Reply to
Not James

Not sure what else is changed internally but the front and back will be changed for the 2004 model year. I was at the factory in May and they were doing test running for the MY04 cars

Reply to
Matt Au

I leased one a few months ago - the 4.2L V8. British racing green with sand interior and Alpine audiophile sound system.

Pros: Automobile is a work of art on wheels, gorgeous inside and out. Interior is a pleasure to spend time in. Alpine sound system is spectacular. Long list of standard features, including moonroof, rain-sensing wipers, rear collision avoidance, auto-dimming mirrors, dual seat memory, etc. V8 has more than enough power for even the most aggressive highway driving. Excellent highway mileage - I am getting 27+ mpg. Auto transmission is smooth.

Cons: Cup holders are too small for many common-sized drink containers. No in-dash six-CD changer. Lots of black dust from the brakes on the wheels all the time. Flat, non-metallic paint shows fingerprints in the worst way. Rear seat room is somewhat cramped. Expensive car.

All in all, after two months and 3000 miles I'd give my S-Type a thumbs up.

Michael Walthius THE MUSIC OF CYBERSPACE

KeybdWizrd