S-type problems

Hi,

I am at the moment fighting a battle with Jaguar cars to get my 18 month old S-type fixed. If you are thinking of buying one don't do anything without reading these pages!

In fact, just don't buy one unless you like fixing things and visiting your local dealer.

James

Reply to
James Leslie

Wow... what bad luck you've had. slight polish traces, slight bits of glue residue, a small amount of mud, two pinpoint marks, a grubby mat caused by the mechanics that was cleaned by carpet shampoo... this is all so terrible. Mind you the brakes thing sucks...

paulh

Reply to
paulh

I do believe we've been here before - I really sympathise with this person. £34K is not a small amount of money to pay for any car and you have a right to expect 100% perfection. A reoccurring theme is that some new Jags leave a lot to be desired. I should also add that my wife bought a new Suzuki Alto 3 months ago for just £4999 and it is absolutely perfect.

Stu

Reply to
Stuart Adair

Despite his complaints being rather trivial, this guy is obviously well & trully pissed off about the way he's been treated. He has the "audacity" to expect premium service after his purchase of this "premium" car. Watch how Jaguar UK responds.

Reply to
SoK66

The S-Type is a lovely car, expensive and in the SE form luxurious, with buttons and switches to delight the enquiring digit - a big boys toy so to speak - I have one and it is. However, I do not see Mr. Leslie's dissatisfaction as pedantic or trivial, rather a slipshod couldn't give a monkey's now 'we have your money' attitude from Jaguar and the dealership. Surely Jaguar themselves must expect standards from their dealerships - but upon reading Jaguars response their standards fall well below customer satisfaction levels, which one would assume impact upon dealership attitudes. Equally, if upon test driving a prospective purchase the demonstration car was presented in the same condition as Mr. Leslies car was presented to him, with the same mechanical traits as described and the same cosmetic imperfections - how many of us would buy ? Not many, I think, it wouldn't really inspire confidence. As Ryebrook in Warrington are my local Jaguar dealership, I shall look forward (or not ) to the Ryebrook Experience. The salesmen are very helpful, courteous and customer considerate, but that obviously is before and during the handing over of the cash - lets see what the service department is like once the big money has been banked. Hopefully afterwards there won't be two web sites dedicated to Jaguars workmanship/reliability.

By the way James, a nice website - just wish that I hadn't read it !.

John

Reply to
John Settle

Well I am certainly cautious to post my opinions *here* on the FORD rebrands, and frankly they suck. Really suck. Go take a look over at

and see how the FORDquality improvment program has "Improved" Jaguar's image. People talk shit about the XJ40, but you know what? I think its bullshit. These new "Jags" are piles of shit compared to the proven XJ40. Go ahead and say otherwise, the forums are my source.

Do you really think FORD spends millions of dollars to make the parts last longer? Why do FORD use so many sensors when other companies dont? $$$$$(I only speak for AMerican FORDS. It seems better FORDS are available in Australia and England.)

DieInterim

Reply to
Blake Dodson

Well I don't. 100% is a mathematical value that is rarely if ever obtainable in the real world. Whilst the trannie/brakes thing is bad and possibly unacceptable he has also somewhat marginalised his complaints by including trivial things. I don't see how Jaguar is 'to blame' for a few polish marks left on the car from the dealer. I don't see how Jaguar is to blame for a mechanic leaving dirty marks on the carpet and the dealer being unable to instantly clean it, or sticky residue left on something, these are not 'faults' of the car, neither was the jack being pinched for another car a Jaguar 'fault'. I know that people often expect complete perfection from others whilst being a lot more understanding about their own inabilities to provide that same level of success.

paulh

Reply to
paulh