Selling Jag, question..

Well After 10 years with my 1963 XKE OTS it has to go. Having never sold one, I can only imagine that there will be some oddities with the process, for instance - a legitimate potential buyer will demand a road test, however I don't want to start 'giving rides' to those who have no real intention of purchasing. More specifically:

Any comments on how to screen without offending? I realize that we're talking about a $35-45k item here, not a 6-figure one, but I still don't want every Tom, Dick, and Mario to drop by for a free 'test beat'.

How should I identify a qualified buyer? I probably don't appear 'qualified' to many because of my age and informality in dress, preferring comfortable jeans to something more flashy.

Do I accompany on a test, or let the buyer go alone...or when should I say no to a test drive and how do I go about doing it?

Reply to
Ted

"Ted" wrote in news:bfnp3a$gvg$ snipped-for-privacy@ngspool-d02.news.aol.com:

I take it you have never sold a car privately before.

Make sure it's insured and go with every Tom, Dick, Harry and Mario.

Ron

Reply to
Ron McGrice

TROLL.

Yen

Guys, I don't know what the laws are in your State, but where I live, if someone takes your car for a test drive and doesn't return with it, it is NOT considered Auto theft because you handed him the keys!!! Hate to see a classic Vette of XKE disappear THAT way!!

Ride with them -- that way they will be less likely to beat on it as well!!

Webserve

Reply to
webserve