Snow tires for X-type

I just bought a used 2002 Jaguar X-type 2.5 automatic (all wheel drive), and so far love the car! I have a question on appropriate snow tires to put on it. The car came with 225/45/R17 continental all weather tires; I live near Lake Tahoe, where we get a lot of snow, and I am leaning towards either the Nokian Hakkapeliitta 4 studded snow tires (205/55/R16XL), or the Green Diamond Icelander (205/55/R16) non-studded tires. Any suggestions? Any advice would be helpful! Thanks.

Reply to
dilberito1

Hello, I have a similar car (2.5 Executive manual) and I suggest you Pirelli Snowsport 240 (205/55 VR 16) or Snowsport 210 (205/55 HR 16) great performance on snow, but also on dry&wet roads at low temperature. There are also the new Pirelli Sottozero 205/55 HR16 that seems to be even better, but I haven't yet tried them Greetings

Reply to
Stefano R.©