Speedometer sender interface - XJS

Hi fellow jag fans

I am in the final stages of converting my 85 XJS HE to manual transmission and I need to pick someones brains on how to sort out a speedometer.

I have fitted a Getrag box out of a 3.6 (which I wouldn't recommend to the faint hearted), and recognising early that this gearbox doesn't have a speedo drive, I also fitted a 3.6 diff with a speedo pick up. However, the pick up on the diff has 3 wires, whaereas my car has only 2. I read on the web (a book which someone in the US has put together on the XJS) that all later XJSs were fitted with a diff pick up, but an interface module is required because the later pick ups produce the wrong sort of signal for the speedo, computer and cruise control

If I get hold of an interface module out of a late XJS, will it put out a signal which my car can use, or do I have to change the speedo, computer and cruise unit?

Steve Shuttleworth

Reply to
Steve Shuttleworth

Try John's Cars in Texas... they seem to be experts on xmission swaps and were recommended to me by local experts.

Reply to
bill