That damn gas cover door....

OK I give up. I bought a 99 XJR. All in all I am ecstatic. I still haven't been able to figure out how to open the gas filler flip up door though, except of course by opening the trunk and fingering the solenoid. I figured out from other internet posts that it is a time honored Jag tradition but it is really annoying me. Anyone out there able to shed some light on it?

snipped-for-privacy@nospamyahoo.com

chuck

Reply to
bigtanuki

bigtanuki wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

No owners manual?

Ron

Reply to
Ron McGrice

Yeah, what really confused me is that the manual describes a button next to the boot release button that manually unlatches the door. No such button on my car... Looks like maybe I got a manual for an XK8 by mistake. One of the many items I plan to pick up over the next couple of months. Fortuanately I spent a half hour again doing some troubleshooting. I found out the door is only locked when the car is locked. It didn't work occasionally so that really threw me off. After a few manual fingerings of the solenoid it seems to be working fairly consistently now.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention it. I LOVE this car. I had forgotten what fun it could be to drive. Last weekend we did a 1000 mile round trip to attend a wedding in southern California. Humiliated a couple of BMWs and a Benz or two. What fun.

bigtanuki

Reply to
bigtanuki